Tuesday 6 March 2012

Tuesday 6th March 2012

The warmer weather is inspiring me to create.  It must be something to do with the fact that everything is bursting into life after the winter months.  The light is definitely more intense this time of year.  Even the mad dogs are livlier, if that is possible.  I shall be dyeing up lots more fibre to put into the online shop so keep checking back for new listings. 

My daughter, who is already mum to one adorable 17 month old daughter is expecting her second baby in early July so I shall soon be busy knitting and weaving for the impending arrival.  I am currently knitting a small fairisle jacket for my grand daughter.  The pattern featured in Simply Knitting a couple of months ago and is pefect for the summer months.  This is the back up to the armhole shaping




.  The recommended yarn is Rowan but I am using a 4 ply yarn instead.  I am very pleased at how the pattern is working out.  It is different in that you have to join the shoulder seams using a three needle cast off and then pick up the stitches across the shoulder seam and knit downwards to create the sleeves.  Less sewing up which is fine by me.  Anyone else out there hate sewing?

The spinning is currently alpaca fibre in shades of brown, I'm just randomly pulling it out of the bag and spinning so not sure what effect I am going to achieve when its plied.  Then I am intending to weave some scarves and wraps with it to sell.  I have several good drafts lined up that I want to experiment with.



Thats it for now so happy spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment