Wednesday 20 July 2011

Wednesday 20th July

Two posts in a week, must be something in the air.

I wanted to share with you the photographs of the finished cashmere scarf. 




the first picture shows the completed fringe, I twisted this using four strands of the warp yarn at a time, it fulled up quite nicely when washed. 

The second picture is of the main body of the scarf showing how the Bronson Lace pattern has fulled and is not quite so lacey as when on the loom.  I was a little disappointed because I thought it would have been the same but I will be trying this pattern again using a fine silk yarn and see how the pattern reacts after washing.  I will keep you posted.

In the meantime the loom is now warped with Sirdar Baby Bamboo yarn and Twilleys Freedom cotton in cream and pale blue to make fabric for a small bag.  Pictures to follow in the next post.

Happy weaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment